January 3, 2022
Months and years are passing by as we continue to respond to Covid-19. Such a tiny thing has radically altered our lives. What I've seen in patients, family and friends is a lot of constraint, frustration and anxiety. Have you been feeling those things too? Know that you are not alone.
I am seeing patients for acupuncture, carefully and within specific guidelines. I also continue to offer consultations via Zoom and phone. For those seeking herbal treatments or a conversation and a different perspective on life events and health a Zoom or phone conversation may be ideal. I am happy to use all of the tools I've gained over the years to provide treatments, guidance and a viewpoint that originates in ancient Chinese medicine but is also informed by science and my own observations of nature. Acupuncture appointments are 1 -1.5 hours. Herbal and life consultations can be scheduled for varying amounts of time but generally an hour for the first appointment is ideal.
As of January 1, 2022 my fee for an initial Acupuncture or Herbal consultation appointment is $110. Subsequent appointment fees are on a sliding scale of $80-$120 except for brief Herbal consultations which are billed according to time.
The most important thing any of us can do right now is to slow down and take deep breaths. Find peace and calm where you can. Listen to your body.
Eat well, drink plenty of good clean water, get plenty of sleep, love deeply.
To contact me to schedule or change an appointment;
by phone: (978)544-0060
by text: (413)387-8137
by email: email@example.com
Pandemic survival tips;
1. Stay home when you can.
2. Get plenty of rest.
3. Get some fresh air but stay warm! Avoid getting chilled and keep your neck covered. If cold air makes you cough, go inside where it is warm.
4. Hydrate! Room temperature or warm beverages are best.
5. Take vitamins; Vitamin C 1000-3000mg, Vitamin D 2000-5000 , Zinc 20-30 mg, Magnesium 400, Selenium 10mg.
6. Avoid or limit your intake of sugar and alcohol and avoid inhaling smoke when you can.
7. Remember to breath. If you are feeling anxious you can calm your nervous system by inhaling for 6 seconds then exhaling for 6 seconds. This will slow down your body and lower your blood pressure. I also have CBD Calming products available.
8. Wash your hands! Don’t touch your face. Wear a mask when around others.
9. Take Traditional Chinese herbal medicine as prescribed.
10. Gentle movement will be helpful. Try Gentle Yoga, stretching or Qi Gong. Here’s a link to a Qi Gong video to strengthen the lungs; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qViH3a4S-Uk
11.Reach out for support to friends, family, neighbors and healthcare providers. This is not the time to isolate yourself emotionally or to be tough. Remember that you are not alone. We will get through this together.
Health and Healing to All,